Friday, June 27, 2008

Shut Out

I had a planned to write a whole other post today, but I was going through my photos and came across these and just had to share them. They make me laugh. We have two dogs - Winston, a hyper 6 year old mini schnauzer and Henry, a small but mighty 6 year old scottie. In a nutshell, they drive me nuts sometimes but I don't know what I would do without them.
Winston has never gotten out of the puppy habit of stealing anything that he can and chewing it up - paper, tissues, whatever he can to get your attention when you are not giving it to him 100% of the day. When you come to stay at our house these are my instructions every time...
" My recommendation to you is that you either keep your suitcase closed (meaning zipped all the way) or the door to the guest room shut at all times. Otherwise you may find yourself chasing Winston around the dining room table to get a pair of socks or underwear back. And he's fast...." I can't tell you how many socks I have lost to him because I have just given up. (that in and of itself is probably the problem)
Anyway, a few weeks ago I was working in my studio and both of "the boys" were with me. Winston just couldn't keep his nose out of the trash so I finally got fed up and shut him out of the room. A few minutes later I looked up and this is what I saw...it made me laugh and melted my heart in a way only my animals can.

Hope you have a great weekend! Our neighbors just got done putting in a pool, so we are about to help them enjoy it! I'll be back tomorrow to post some new cards I've been working on.

No comments: