Friday, June 13, 2008

The Happy Dance

Last night around 7 o'clock I was doing the happy dance. All by myself, with no one but my two dogs watching me. If they were human, I am sure they would have just shook their heads and laughed at me, just like my husband would have and most of my friends. Why was I so happy that I was doing a jig? I got paper.....yup, you read it correctly - two boxes full of nothing but beautiful new colors of paper to make cards with - all the way from Cleveland, Ohio. Why Cleveland? There is a magical (well, magical in my eyes - in reality, it's a dingy warehouse type store), hole in the wall there called Hollo's Papercraft. I was almost out of paper and NOTHING beats this places prices. Although it is one of those random stores where you never know exactly what you'll find, there is ALWAYS something you need there. So my dear, dear friend Amy trekked there for me with her one and a half year old daughter and got me some new goods. Anyone who is willing to drag their toddler shopping all for the sake of a good deal, is my type of girl!! Thanks bunches Amy!!

There are a few situations in life where I feel like I revert back to being like a kid and getting new supplies is one of them. I remember when I was in elementary school - there was nothing like going out and getting all of your new notebooks and pencils and then coming home and just looking at them. The same still holds true today, all night I just kept examining them. There are a variety of beautiful colors and textures. The possibilities are endless. I think that is what it all boils down to - the possibilities. I hope that in life, I never loose that child like excitement, when paper just becomes paper and pencils just become pencils. I hope I always feel like I want to pee my pants with excitement and do a little jig.....


Happy Friday to everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend!! I know what I'll be doing....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wee! I'm dancing with you! FUN FUN!

Anonymous said...

My Darling Daughter,
Did you get as excited when your Cusinart arrived?? You crack me up!
Yup, Henry and Winston look like they're thinking, "what the hellis wrong with her"!
You are truly a beautiful person and I'm so proud to be your mother.
I miss and love you very much.
Mom