Monday, June 2, 2008

Joining the Club

Well, I did it. I joined the "Club". The club of all good girls who wear sparkling crowns and carry wands you ask? No, although I could be a poster child for that club. Nope, I celebrated my BIG 30th birthday yesterday. We had a great time and celebrated all....weekend....long. Jon had many wonderful surprises planned for me. I am kind of excited to be in this club, as I am the last of most of our friends to get on board. So now I feel like a grown up. :) Here are a couple shots from our fantastic weekend.

We actually started out the weekend on Thursday night when Jon couldn't wait any longer to give me one of my gifts. I am just going to be honest, I love gifts. I love buying and receiving them. This is usually a trait that my husband likes to hang over my head and tease me with - normally he would have set out any gifts early and made me wait until the very last minute to open them. So the fact that three days before my birthday he was itching to give me something was a clue that it must be pretty great. Well....great doesn't even cover it. I had become a fan of a local artist named Judy Paul after seeing her work at a really cool store downtown called IF+D. She has this wonderful collage style that kind of knocked my socks off the first time I laid eyes on it. So much detail, so much emotion, so much thought put into her work. Really original. Well, to make a long, (wonderful) story short, Jon purchase one of her paintings for me. Speechless is not something that I am very often. On top of that, Saturday I was able to meet Judy myself at an event that IF+D was having. The photo above shows us helping her paint. What an awesome way to spend my last day being 29!
We celebrated the rest of the day on Saturday with our friends here, enjoying some sweet treats and playing some pretty fun games. We rang in my actual birthday with a bang.
Many thanks to all of our sweet, sweet friends and family who made me truly feel special this weekend. I am blessed to be surrounded by such supportive and loving people!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ro, Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! You've made it in! I get in the club next month and am a bit nervous! :) It looks like you had an amazing day and what a great gift! That hubby is something else! What a great memory you will have. Best birthday wishes again!!! (PS, I LOVE your card designs!!!!!)

Alison Treat said...

Welcome to the club! Don't you feel like a "real" grownup now?