Sunday, June 15, 2008

Enjoy the Moment

Did you ever get a bit of wisdom in an unexpected place? I was eating some chocolate and I looked at the inside of the wrapper and it said "Close your eyes and enjoy the moment." The thought made me smile.

I had one of those moments yesterday while I was listening to our church worship team practice. Jon plays guitar with them every week, so we are always there early on Sunday mornings. I've been around musicians for awhile. It's what Jon went to school for, hence alot of his closest friends are also musically inclined. Music is part of who my husband is as a person and who we are as a couple. Jon has this great understanding about music technically, but also emotionally. He's opened my eyes to things that I would have never understood beyond a surface level. One of these things is the value of what it means to "play well" with other musicians. I am probably biased about this because I have seen the pure joy that comes out of my husband when he's playing music with people that he enjoys. I sat there amazed yesterday as I listened to this talented group stop a song mid verse, talk and then start playing again, all on time, in key, sounding like they never missed a beat. Something inside me soared just sitting there listening to them.

They blew us all away in the actual service yesterday. There were several moments when I did just stop and close my eyes, enjoying what was going on around me. Listening to a great group of musicians play, listening to a body of people sing together, for a common purpose - it was one of those moments that you want to freeze frame and hold on to. It was one of those moments that stays with you long after the service has ended.
I hope everyone has a great start to their week! I still have two more days of vacation left - woo hoo! I'll post again soon with some of the creative stuff that I've been working on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love moments like that. Thanks for sharing! Cause I think I often (yes too often) forget to really enjoy those small moments. Worship was AWESOME on Sunday!