Monday, August 4, 2008

All Wound Up


Hello All. Just thought I'd share some shots of this plant that I have in our entrance way. I love watching winding plants attach themselves to things. It fascinates me and reminds me that they are really living things. I love how it twists and twirls up the trellis and then starts to grab the rock of our house. I love this plant, it is a Mandevilla. So far, it had done really well in the Texas heat, I think it likes it. I am hoping by next year this little guy will fill the trellis I have it on. We'll see.... It is the only area of my landscaping that I actually like. Our house has some really large bushes and cedar trees in front that I can't wait to get rid of. However,that wasn't exactly in the budget this year. So I managed to rip a bush out in this little section leading up to the front door and planted some lilies and the Mandevilla. I love to garden and have potted plants all around our yard. However, I have learned this summer that potted plants and Texas summers are a tough thing to maintain. So I have given up on that and am going to try having potted flowers through fall and winter down here. Hopefully that will be a little more successful.

No comments: