Monday, July 28, 2008

Away for awhile

Hello out there. Sorry that I have been away for awhile. I wish I could tell you I was on vacation or had another really good excuse. But I don't. Sometimes the computer just drains me. Do you ever feel like that? I'm not sure why, during those times it's all I can do to check my emails, let alone surf around and be productive in the blog world.

On another subject, I thought I'd share something I've been working on here. Remember that tree I cut out awhile back when I got carried away? Well, here is what I ended up doing with it. Please excuse the lack of depth in the photograph, I had a hard time getting a good shot of it.




I don't think it's done yet. It's kind of chaotic, there are no resting places for your eyes. However, there is something I like about that. So I think that I may just live with it on the wall of my studio for awhile until something else hits me about it. Behind the tree are some words taken from a song I really like by Phil Wickham called I will wait for you there. You really can't tell what they say, but I like knowing that they are there. It's how I was feeling while I was working on putting this piece together. My friend Melissa turned me onto Phil Whickham. He is a contemporary Christian artist, there is just something really different about his music. There is a certain depth to his music that I can get lost in. Here's what the verse says:

....and with outstretched arms I will sing out melodies
and my beating heart will pour out a symphony
Hallelujahs in the morning, Hallelujahs in the night
I will wait for you, as long as I have life.



Happy Monday everyone - hope it's a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my friend rose!! i miss you dear but checking out your blog makes me feel like your sitting right across the curtain from me again! your very inspiring. i really enjoy the chance to SEE what your up to. keep up the good work...love the cards!!!! JD