Monday, July 7, 2008

Carried Away

I always get carried away. My husband will agree with that statement for many areas of my life (i.e.- my ability to shop, worry and talk on the phone). Sometimes I get carried away when I'm working on a project - I hate to plan. A lot of times I run full steam ahead without really taking a look at what it is I'm doing.



I have had this background for awhile. I made it a few months ago and have been looking at it to try and figure out what exactly I want to do with it. Today, I jumped in with an idea that I had been mulling around in my head - full steam ahead. The background kind of reminded me of trees so I wanted branches and a bird..... notice I said branches....take a look at what I started out doing....



I got carried away. About half way through cutting this tree out I realized it was WAY too complicated and WAY too small for what I was doing. It's not like it will go to waste - I've already got it laid out on another canvas and am pretty excited about it. But it just made me laugh - a little planning may have been helpful....but then again, i wouldn't have gotten a pretty cool looking tree out of it if I had actually planned ahead :)

So here's what I ended up with...some slightly larger, slightly less complicated branches and a bird. This collage feels quiet to me. The bird almost blends into the background. Which I kind of like - almost as if it it doesn't know someone is watching it.



I am in LOVE with this lace paper that I used for the background. I love to use it as is and also to paint it to blend it in with whatever i am working on.




Be back soon - have a happy Tuesday!

No comments: