Saturday, August 9, 2008

More Pictures

Hello Again. Sorry it has taken me a few days to post these additional pictures of my grandmother's house. I usually don't get home from my nanny job until 6:30 or 7 in the evening (most nights), by the time I get something to eat ect ect, the last thing I want to do is be on the computer. Sorry about my rambling - who doesn't have these things, right? :)

Anyway, here are some more photos that I took the last time I visited "the house".

Outside Shot


You won't be able to see it well on this image, but in the real photo you can just about make out all of the family names that lived in the house on each doorbell: Ferrara, Romano, Fulco


Another Outside Shot


This was the banister light at the bottom of the staircase. The staircase wound up from the bottom all the way into the attic. You could stand at the bottom (or the top) and look all the way up or down.


Here is one of the key holes I mentioned in my original post. This one was on a door that led into my Great Uncle Al's bedroom.


My grandmother's bathroom tub


This way the view from my grandmother's kitchen. You can't tell well from this photo, but from this window you could see the HUGE garden Uncle Al had - it was his pride and joy. This is also the kitchen where the hutch that I now have in my studio used to stand (you can see it if you go back in my archives to the second post I ever did where i showed some of my studio pics).

I have one more post that I'd like to share about the house...so stay tuned!

We are off to the Austin Ice Cream festival today with some friends. Eating ice cream is really the only way to be outside in this heat!!

1 comment:

Claire, said...

I love these picture! They remind me of my own grandmothers house. Thank you for sharing them. I love the idea of show-and-tell, I may have to take your cue and do show-and-tell on my own blog. Thanks.