Thursday, August 21, 2008

Show and Tell


Hi out there. I can't believe it is Thursday night. What a whir wind week! I am happy to report that my girl Jenny finally made it to Austin safe and sound. Check out some of the awesome places we ate and shopped while she was here (because what else do you do when people come to visit you but eat and shop!) Here's where we got some tasty grub:

Hyde Park Bar and Grill
And for dessert we went to Mozarts
Then the next morning before hitting the shops on South Congress, we had some coffee at Jo's Coffee
then after shopping all morning we ate some tasty Mexican at Gueros's. (I introduced Jenny to queso - a reason in and of itself to live in Austin)
Then of course we couldn't leave SoCo without giving Jen a taste of Amy's.
For dinner we met up with Jenny's cousin for some more yummy Mexican at Chuy's.(my other favorite spot for queso, but I have a once a day limit, otherwise it's all I would eat!).

And here are some of my favorite places to shop (well, window shop is more like it)
Maya(love their jewelry and vases!!)
Parts and Labour (this Austin treasure has all local vendors inside it's funky shop - it is one of my favs!)
IF+D
Eliza Page(love love love their stuff!)
The list goes on and on as far as places we popped in and out of. The only place we really found any treasures that came home with us was Uncommon Objects (it's hard NOT to find treasures there).

Every time I go there I have been trying to spell our last name with old printing letters. Finally this time I was able to make something work. I love anything that has to do with old printing, it fascinates me.



Happy weekend. I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I had such a great time! Thanks for showing me around Austin! I have been telling everyone about Uncommon Objects. Such a cool store! I can't wait to come back and hopefully have a easier time getting down there.

Claire, said...

Really cute picture. How nice, and special it is when people travel to see ones they care about.

I love printmaking too. A print can be made form just about anything, anywhere, what could be better.

Keep trying new things, it's great!