Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bacon and Eggs


"Ok Miss Rose, you lay down on your back, close your eyes and hold your knees. And we'll crack ya...."

So, I am a nanny 35-40 hours a week. Slight departure from my former job which was a wallpaper designer. How I got from this point to that point is a whole other post that I'll probably venture into at some point. But not now.

Today I remembered why I think at this point in time this is what I am meant to be doing. Because it's fun. Period. End of post. Just kidding. I take care of a 3 year old and a 7 month old, both boys, both who I love dearly and feel completely blessed that I ended up with. We had a play date today with another good friend and I ended up on a trampoline with Corbin (the 3 year old) and his friend Kate (who is 4). They taught me how to play "bacon and eggs". It's a highly complicated game where one person (the egg) lays down on the trampoline and holds their knees, while the others (the bacon) bounce around them trying to get them to loose their grip. Good stuff. It was the most fun I've had in awhile. It's been a LONG time since I've been on a trampoline. It was kind of freeing, I think I could have stayed on there for hours. Listening the the kids giggle as they ran around me just made me want to giggle too. It was such a good reminder to let go, lighten up and just have some fun.

I found this quote in a magazine the other day that I thought was great:
"Maturity is knowing when to be immature".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This post is such a great reminder for me to lighten up! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new entry, very timely for me! Your always so inspiring Rose. MISS YA !! Jill D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story and philosophy of life. Thanks for passing along the "Bacon and Eggs." I've bookmarked your blog; it's an oasis that I shall stop by frequently for refreshment and reframing.Best wishes,Tom