Monday, April 28, 2008

Let me show you around a bit....

Welcome to my favorite room in our house - my studio. It's the first time that my space hasn't had to double as anything else and it wonderful. It is in the very front of our house, so it has this awesome window that gets great natural light. I just feel happy being in here (not that I don't love the rest of my house too). I can make a mess and not have to worry about cleaning it up, I can be organized, i can be whatever I want and that is what I like about it. Right after Christmas I got it all set up and those first few days afterwards I would come in here and just look around and smile. Like it was all new to me or something. Things are a bit of a mess in these pictures, but I was eager to share them with everyone. Enjoy!

You can kind of see what I've been working on lately - I've been doing alot of mixed media/collage. I can't seem to stop sticking paper to everything!


This hutch where I keep most of my supplies was in my grandmother's kitchen for as long as I can remember - it always sat right in between two windows. And it actually has a piece of the flooring that was in that kitchen stuck to the back of it. It wasn't until after I acquire it as my own that I found out that my grandfather had actually made this for her shortly after they were married. Which of course made me love it more.

Here are some of my memory boards, which sit over my desk. I use them for inspiration - I have a lot of letters, magazine clippings and photos on them. Lots of cards too. Some days I just sit and look at them. The photo to the far left holds mostly cool business cards of places I've been to in Austin. Also some really fun gallery cards and show invites.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That hutch is so awesome! I love the scalloped detail. They should make hutch's like that now for mass use! But then again, I like how yours is special. I'm so excited for you that you have your own space now! Weee!

Unknown said...

Hey, I've been there! I somehow feel famous now! Two blogs in one week Rose...are you feeling alright? Love it! I need to set up all of my scrapbooking stuff. Then maybe I'd use it!

Alison Treat said...

I love your memory boards. I should try something like that!

Anonymous said...

Rose- I am so jealous of your special space!! I am lucky to have a shelf in Kate's art closet :) You are so talented; I have proof, right here by my desk. I miss you and our Wed's together, let's see each other soon.

Mallory Kay Nelson said...

I wish we would have gotten to paint together, I will just have to come down there again and we can go paint wild texas flowers! Did you know you are coming to Denver in June, =) or at least that is what I say. Last chance to see our house! Can't wait to see some more blogging